Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Homemaking 101

Today we had a productive, learning experience in our homeschool without even opening our school books.  Well, we did use one book.  This one:


 We have been reading this book and the girls have done some of the paper-sewing activities on my sewing machine.  (They have you sew on paper to learn how to sew before using fabric.)  Well, since Nanna gave them their own sewing machine for Christmas, we had to move on to fabric.  **Yay!!** They were quite excited!!  

So we did a little pinning,

and pressing,


and sewing.








And the girls made pillow cases! :)


And in the meantime, Joshua brushed up on his babysitting and cooking skills. 



















And the little ones spent much of their time cooking as well. In their "very own kitchen"!   :)



















Next sewing project: a Bible cover!  :)


Photobucket>

2 comments:

  1. What a cute post! I love to see girls develop a love for sewing at an early age.
    This post reminded me of when my Mom helped me make new dinner napkins.
    Thanks for sharing :)
    ~Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  2. It certainly looks like your children had a delightful day spending time doing their projects. It's a pleasure to see young girls learning to sew. I wish I could have learned when I was younger, but I am currently teaching myself to sew now. Better late than never, right? :)

    -M. Wildflower

    ReplyDelete