My kids and I LOVE this recipe. It is fast to make, has very few ingredients, and tastes WONDERFUL!!!
Yummy Toffee Brittle
40 saltine crackers
1 c. brown sugar
1 c. butter (NOT margarine)
6 oz. chocolate chips
1/2 c. chopped pecans, walnuts or sliced almonds
Line 11 x 16 x 1 pan with foil and spray with cooking spray. Line with saltines. Boil butter and sugar for 3 minutes. Pour over crackers and bake for 5 minutes at 350* or until crackers float. Remove from oven and sprinkle with chocolate chips. When melted spread chocolate and top with nuts. Cool and cut into bars or break apart.
I would imagine they don't last long enough for a picture. Trying this tomorrow!
ReplyDelete:) They really do go fast. I will try to get a pic next time I make them!
ReplyDeletePics added! I've made them a couple of times since this post, but kept forgetting to take a picture. They were GOOD! :)
ReplyDelete