Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Josue's Favorite Muffins

Lemon Sour Cream (or Yogurt) Muffins






2 c. whole wheat flour
2/3 c. sugar
2 t. baking powder
1/4 t. baking soda
1/4 t. salt
3 T. lemon juice
3/4 c. sour cream (or plain yogurt)
2 eggs
1 t. vanilla
1/8 t. lemon extract
1 stick butter, melted


Preheat oven to 400*. Whisk dry ingredients together in large bowl. In another bowl, whisk remaining ingredients.  Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients.  Mix everything together.  Batter will be slightly lumpy.


Spoon batter into greased or paper-lined muffin tins. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until muffins are golden. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan. Makes 12 muffins.




These are soooooo good!  I first made them with the sour cream, but one time I didn't have any so I substituted plain yogurt and I think they may be even better that way!  Super yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment