We arrived at the clinic really late. I was a nervous wreck. I really wanted my husband to say something like "I drove you all this way, you will go through with this." However, my wise husband just told me that he would do whatever I wanted. He would turn around and drive me home and never make me feel guilty about it. I told him that I would stay at the clinic and see let him know when he arrived the next morning if I could go through with it or not.
I went into the clinic and it appeared completely empty. Not a soul in site. We finally found a nurse. She checked me in and my husband left. I was still quite nervous so I decided to ask the nurse some questions. (At this point I was really glad I speak Spanish!!) I nervously asked her if there was anyone there. The place seemed so deserted. She told me that yes, there was a couple from the US who had had the surgery done that afternoon. She pointed me to their room and told me to just go see them. They were so nice. They assured me that everything I had read about the doctor and the clinic was true and that their surgery had gone very well. I could feel the Lord's calming reassurance through the voices of these strangers. All my fears immediately melted away. I went to my room and went to sleep and slept like a baby.
I was awakened at 6 to start the prep for surgery. My husband arrived and we were wheeled into the operating room. I had several conversations with the assistant physician and I remember the anesthesiologist (who I remember quite well because he kept scratching my itchy nose for me), but I did not meet the doctor. I only glimpsed him in the hallway as I was wheeled from the OR. I remember groggily saying, "Thank you" to him as I was wheeled past.
My surgery went very well. My husband was very impressed with the surgical team. I was left with 7 centimeters of Fallopian tube on each side and told we had about a 90% chance of conceiving. We left the hospital the following morning and drove 10 hours home. (Not too bad, except for the time I got choked and had to cough for a few minutes. Ouch!!)
Our 4 "reversal" daughters with their sister, baby #3.
You can visit the website for the clinic in Mexico here.
You can read my patient testimony page here.
Andrea,,,
ReplyDeleteWow, look how God has worked in your life...and is still working. What an amazing testimony...and your kids are darlins :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather :)
Thank you, Heather! :)
ReplyDeleteWow! I felt like I was reading my own story. I had my tubes tied after my 3rd baby in Dec 2005 and like you regretted it before I woke up. I had my reversal done in Apr 2010 and had baby # 4 in Apr 2011.
ReplyDelete