Wednesday, February 1, 2012

My Story....Part 3

To read my story from the beginning, click here.

My husband had many reservations about having surgery in Mexico. He told me that we would pray for confirmation. I agreed, because I knew we had found our doctor. I was willing to wait for God to confirm this to my husband. Little did I know that He would send that confirmation the very next day.

We decided to visit a family from church just to encourage them. This family happened to be my husband's cousin. When we arrived, they were having a family birthday party for my husband's aunt, the cousin's mother. I had forgotten to tell my husband that I would rather keep this reversal idea to ourselves (because we had a lot of family members who were not in favor of this). Imagine my shock when he suddenly announced our plans to the entire room. He then told them about this doctor in Mexico. Suddenly his aunt perked up and told us that this was the same clinic where she had her last baby and that this doctor is the nephew of the doctor who had delivered her baby and what a great doctor he had been. She also told us what a great reputation the clinic and the doctor have in the town. Can we say "confirmation"???  I was ecstatic!

So now, my husband was completely on board with me. We made our appointment and planned to use our income tax refund to pay for the surgery. The Lord provided exactly the amount of money we would need. Amazing!

Now the hard part. Our families. Basically my family was in complete shock. They simply could not understand why we would want to do this. They were very much against it. So we pretty much didn't tell them anything. The knew we were planning to do it, but they did not know when, where or how we would do it.

My husband's family was a little different. They were not all in favor, but they weren't completely devastated by the idea of it, either. Therefore, they did know about our trip plans and such.

So April 2005 finally arrived and we took off. Since we had so little support in our endeavor, we didn't feel right to ask someone to keep our children. Once again, our heavenly Father took care of all the details. The hospital would require my husband to be present in the operating room (weird, I know) with me, so we would need someone to keep the children, who were 7, 4 and 23 months. Well, it just so happens that this clinic is in the same town where another cousin lives. He is another child of the same aunt from the birthday party! :) He and his family so graciously agreed to allow my husband and children to stay in their home and to keep the children while Josue was with me in the surgery. Isn't the Lord amazing?

We took our children to Sea World on our way to Mexico, the day before my surgery. We had a great time.
Then the doubts started. The closer we got to Mexico, the more nervous I became. Satan's attacks were fierce. I almost lost the battle.

**To be continued**

To read Part 4, click here.


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Andrea...
    Your story...just amazing...and as I"m reading this I'm thinking it's just awesome to see God working out all the details. Where God guides, He really does provide ;) :) This is great. I'm looking forward to the continuation of this story :) :) Love and hugs from the ocean shores of California, Heather ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aahhh! I'm gonna be offline during the entire month of February, so I must wait till MARCH to read the conclusion! Suspense!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Andrea! I love hearing this story... I don't know why I didn't head your advice beforehand about having a tubal. After Ella was born I had a tubal... I think I was afraid not too, because I know myself when they get about 8months... And I didnt think I could handle anymore! I regret it terribly, even though I can't imagine a 6th child at this point with them all so young, but I know they will grow! That's what I am afraid of the most... We have already talked about adoption in the future,but who knows, maybe a reversal?!!

    Tiffany

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tiffany, I felt the exact same way when I had my tubal. I was afraid to do it, but more afraid not to. I'm so sorry you are regretting the decision you made. I remember how that feels. Just remember the Lord knows all things. He is always in control.

    One part I didn't include in my story was about a lady in our church who actually made me a little mad one time when she asked me why I wanted a reversal since the tubal was God's will in the first place. I just smiled, but then sort of vented about it to Josue. He listened patiently and then told me that she was right. I was stunned. The Lord's will??? Then he explained and I realized he was right. The Lord allowed the tubal ligation to take place. He could have stopped it in a million different ways. But He allowed it. Now, I can look back and see that He was doing sooooo many things through my tubal ligation and my reversal and all the things that happened during that time. It was SUCH a time of growth in my life.

    Whatever the Lord has in store for you, I'm sure if you are seeking after Him with all your heart, it will be wonderful. :)

    ReplyDelete