Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I started "Thankful Thursday" posts because I tend to be a negative person.  I usually see my glass as "half-empty".  I don't really like that.  I see the need to cultivate in myself an attitude of gratitude for all the gifts God has given me. And really, there are billions of things each and every day to be thankful for.  We do this every day in our homeschool as well, as I'm trying to also cultivate this attitude in my children.  We each say what we are thankful for that day.

I realize that my "Thankful Thursday" posts so far have all had the same basic "I'm thankful for my family" theme.  And today I'm not going to stray from that.  Today I'm thankful for my littlest one.  She is almost 6 months old and in that "I don't wanna get away from my mama" stage. One of my least favorite stages as she wants to be held all.the.time.  Making it hard for me to attend to my other duties.

But today I'm holding her a little closer as I think of the family in our town who lost their precious 4 month old on Tuesday. I'm not close to the family, but I do know them.  I don't even know what happened.  However, my heart has been so heavy for this young mother these past two days.  And so I'm thanking the Lord for my baby girl today, and realizing that only He knows the number of her days.  And I'm so thankful He has allowed me to be the one to spend those days with her.

Don't you just love that little carrot-face?

No comments:

Post a Comment