Monday, January 2, 2012

Don't blink.....

My seventh child, my baby, has reached that point in her life where she realizes she and mommy are not one person.  Which translates into a very clingy little one.  She wants me.  All.the.time.  She can be contented somewhat by her daddy or an older sibling (as long as they are holding her), but she hands down prefers her mama!  Now this is a sweet thing to a mama's heart until I have something I need (or want) to do that doesn't include holding a 6 month old.  Like cooking, sewing, blogging, or taking a nice hot relaxing bath in the evening after a long day.


This is never an easy stage. I'm not really a sit-and-hold-the-baby type person. But I'm not a first-time mother, either.  My firstborn (who really was only a baby yesterday, wasn't he???) is 14 years old.  I see that our time with him in our home is quickly getting shorter and shorter. I often wish I could turn back time for just a few minutes and hold my little boy on my hip again. So I remind myself that Esther's baby days will also be over before I realize it.  And so I hold her.

Someone once told me that in this phase of life the days seem never-ending, but the years fly by. And believe me, the older I get, the more I realize how true that is.  So if you are in the trenches of motherhood, the endless days and nights of babies and toddlers, remember that they will be over before you know it and you will look back longingly to the baby years.

And..... don't blink.....



Link-ups:

A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home  Photobucket


No comments:

Post a Comment