Sunday, January 22, 2012

Change Is Possible

Many years ago I made my husband a little cross-stitched butterfly with the words "Change is Possible".  It was a peace-offering after one of my outbursts. Sadly it was one of many in those days of our marriage.  I have a wonderfully patient and loving husband. And thankfully he was much more mature than I was in those early days of our marriage. And thankfully, I have a God who didn't give up on me.  He loved me enough to hold my face to the mirror and force me to look at myself.


Looking in that "mirror" and seeing myself as God sees me was the hardest thing I have ever done. It was several weeks of inner turmoil as I "wrestled with God" concerning myself. Mostly because what I was seeing was so very ugly. 

But just like the ugly little caterpillar, who goes into that chrysalis and then pushes himself out, having made an amazing transformation into something beautiful, I am going through my own "metamorphosis". God has knitted me a chrysalis and is changing me into something beautiful. In some ways my changes can be seen, but the transformation is not complete. It actually never will be until I arrive in His presence. 

We were in a Bible conference recently and someone sang a special song I had never heard before. I found it quite fitting for this post about change. 


 A-Wise-Woman-Builds-Her-Home   Photobucket>

No comments:

Post a Comment