My very first favorite diaper pattern was Rita's Rump Pockets. This is a very easy, free (Yay!) pattern. I made many, many of these since they were so easy and didn't require snaps (a plus for me since I did not own a snap press). These fit most sizes simply by folding them to fit a smaller baby, using only one pin for a small or medium-sized baby and using 2 pins for my big 'ol toddler.
Here are some I made:
I still LOVE this pattern. It is very easy (I think I've said that already) and works great. It is a pocket diaper, so it needs to be stuffed with an absorbent inner. I like to use prefolds. They also need a water-proof or water-resistant cover. I will share my favorite cover patterns in an upcoming post.
This is the pattern that makes up most of my diaper stash. I have a few other patterns I want to share in future posts, but I think this is probably one of the best to start with since it fits such a wide range of sizes and can be made of a variety of fabrics. (Mine are all flannel, but you could also use stretchy fabric such as old T-shirts or sweatshirts.) The stuffing is sometimes a pain, but because they are only 2 layers of fabric when unstuffed they dry very quickly. This is a real plus for me also since a fitted diaper (one that has the absorbent layers sewn in) takes a VERY long time to dry.
Do you have a great cloth diaper pattern that you love? If so, please share! :)
Updated to add: You can see how I stuff these here.
This is the pattern that makes up most of my diaper stash. I have a few other patterns I want to share in future posts, but I think this is probably one of the best to start with since it fits such a wide range of sizes and can be made of a variety of fabrics. (Mine are all flannel, but you could also use stretchy fabric such as old T-shirts or sweatshirts.) The stuffing is sometimes a pain, but because they are only 2 layers of fabric when unstuffed they dry very quickly. This is a real plus for me also since a fitted diaper (one that has the absorbent layers sewn in) takes a VERY long time to dry.
Do you have a great cloth diaper pattern that you love? If so, please share! :)
Updated to add: You can see how I stuff these here.
Link-ups:

I used the same flannel on our fitted diapers!! Love it. Great job. I use a pattern I drafted here, http://greenmcginnity.blogspot.com/2012/04/fitted-stuffable-or-not-tutorial.html It is very similar to the Rita Rumps pattern. We started making them complete fitteds but were disappointed at the drying time (just like you mentioned). We love these!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Jacki! I really like that looks of your pattern! Great tutorial! Hoping to try your pattern out soon!
ReplyDelete