Thursday, July 5, 2012

Everyday Is the Fourth of July

Yesterday we enjoyed celebrating our country's independence. We grilled burgers, ate watermelon, made cookies, bought the kids some fireworks (which earned the 4-and 6-year old's proclamations of  "the night I will remember for the rest of my life!"), and enjoyed the day relaxing as a family. We then finished it off with Wednesday night church service and a trip to see the fireworks show in a neighboring town. Fun stuff!



I'm so thankful to live in a country where I have freedom. I may not like everything that is going on and probably never will, but at this point in history, we Christians in America are free to practice our religion openly. We don't have to meet in a secret location. We don't have to worry about some government official or religious activist threatening our services. For all this I am thankful.

However, as my husband reminded me in his prayer for our Independence Day lunch, for the Christian, everyday is the Fourth of July. Everyday is Independence Day. How glorious is that??


So if the Son makes you free, you will be free indeedJohn 8:36





Link-ups:

a-wise-woman-builds-her-home    

No comments:

Post a Comment