A while back I found a great-looking tutorial for re-doing a T-shirt to make it more girly and feminine. I bookmarked the
site and then I found some men's T-shirts on clearance at Walmart. I wanted my end product to be feminine, but I also wanted it to be long. I really like the way it turned out. :)
I sort of combined this one,
with this one,
and this one for the flowers.
Here's what I did:
I started out with 2 identical T-shirts. Mine are sage green.
I wanted the sleeves to be shorter and more feminine, so I cut them off, hemmed them and then added a tiny pleat and a pink button on the outer edge.
Next I trimmed off the neck edge and hemmed it down.
(This last one shows the hem with the shirt turned inside out.)
Then I cut strips from the second T-shirt to make ruffles. Sorry, I can't remember the dimensions I cut. I just cut mine the sizes suggested from the website I was using for inspiration. First I made the neck ruffle.
Then I added vertical strips of ruffles.
To the right in that last pic you can see a flower I had started. I finished the neckline by sewing three of those circle flowers at the opening in the front. I didn't get a picture of the finished product :( because we left for a family Bible camp and I sewed the flowers on while we traveled. Over all I was very pleased with my finished shirt. Cutting off the neck edge made the finished shirt a little too low-cut for me, so I did have to wear a high-necked tank top underneath, but that was fine. I will definitely do another project like this one! :)
Linked-up:
This is wonderful, Andrea. I'll have to muster the courage to try this. :)
ReplyDeleteThanks, Lisa! It really was a very easy project. The only thing I need to do differently is not put the shirt in the dryer. I'm not real fond of how it looks now, after washing and drying. I think the ruffles may hold their original shape better if I hang it to dry. Be sure to share a pic if you make one! :)
ReplyDelete~~WOW~~ Andrea you are so gifted!!
ReplyDeleteThanks, Bambi! I don't know about gifted. I'd say the gifted one is the lady from Tea Rose Home. She's such a great crafter! I only copy her ideas....
ReplyDelete