I got this recipe many years ago from a pastor's wife. It has become a family favorite. (Well, except for one daughter who has an aversion to cabbage and anything the even thinks might have an onion in it.....)
I am going to share the recipe as written, but I pretty much quit measuring anything in this recipe long ago. You almost can't mess it up.
3 T. butter
1/2 c. sliced celery
1/2 c. sliced onion
1/2 c. sliced carrots
1/2 c. sliced cabbage
3 chicken bouillon cubes (I use powdered bouillon.)
1 quart water
1 c. diced potatoes
8 slices American cheese (or shredded cheddar or a hunk of Velveeta)
Saute onions, celery, carrots, and cabbage in butter until tender. Add bouillon cubes and water. Bring to a boil and add potatoes. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Turn off and add cheese. Stir until cheese is melted.

No comments:
Post a Comment